What is Baggage Policy for United Airlines?
What Is Baggage Policy for United Airlines and How Much Do You Need to Pay?
Knowing the baggage allowance is one of the essential considerations while flying through United Airlines. If you have planned a trip on United Airlines and wonder about the charges to pay for your bags, this post will help you thoroughly with the baggage policy.
Here you will get to know all the essential points of baggage policy for United Airlines. Moreover, the charges may vary depending upon your membership status and flight class. So, go through the given information to avoid paying an additional fee.
Carry-On Baggage Allowance on United Airlines
The airline allows you to travel with carry-on baggage that can fit in the overhead bin. Also, it is essential to know that the dimensions of the carry-on bag do not exceed 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches, along with the handle and wheels.
Personal Item on Your United Flights
- If you carry a personal item on your United flights, it must fit underneath the seat in front of you. The airline allows a personal item of 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches.
- Apart from a personal item and carry-on baggage, the airline lets you travel with a jacket, umbrella, reading material, diaper bag, a breast pump, camera, and other items.
Exceptions to United Airlines Carry-On Bags Policy
If you travel through Basic Economy class, only one personal item is allowed to travel. However, a $25 gate handling charge will be incurred if you bring a full-size bag. Also, you need to check your bag at the entry gate, and the checked fee applies to your baggage.
United Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
- The airline allows you checked baggage without any cost for eligible flights with the sum of all dimensions (Length + Width + Height), i.e., 62 inches.
- The sum of dimensions 62 inches includes the handle and wheels.
- The weight of United checked baggage depends on the type of flight and our Premier status at check-in.
- You need to pay additional charges to exceed the allowed baggage limit as per your flight type or MileagePlus status.
Checked Baggage Weight Limit for Different Classes and MileagePlus status
- The airline allows you a piece of checked baggage of 50 pounds (23 kilograms) on a United Economy flight.
- You can travel with 70 pounds (32 kilograms) of checked baggage if you travel via United Business, United First, or United Polaris business class.
- If you acquire Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, and Premier 1K, the weight limit for checked baggage are 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- If you have Star Alliance Gold Status, you can travel with 70 pounds of the checked bag on the business class flight. On the other hand, the limit is 50 pounds for an economy flight.
If you travel with oversized or overweight baggage, you experience additional charges. You can know the fees at check-in; however, you must consider the above points of the United Airlines baggage policy. Aside from this, if you need to learn more about the baggage allowance, contact United Airlines customer service. The experts will assist you thoroughly on a single phone call 24*7.