What Happens If Air India Flight is Cancelled?
When you have plans for travel with Air India, it is obvious that you may face certain issues that might give you unstable circumstances because you may cancel your reservation. But most of the time, it has been seen that Air India cancels your air ticket without any prior notice, and they never send any canceling-related equation to you over mail. Then passenger has the option to ask questions from Air India customer care number 1 (888) 634-1407 or 0124 264 1407, from where they will get in touch with an expert executive who will assist you with your questions.
Points Why Tickets Got Cancelled By Air India
Thus, you can get solutions accordingly from the customer service team. But you first need to understand the situations that suddenly popped up, due to which your flight ticket was canceled from Air India.
- The major issue could be bad weather conditions under airline shifts for scheduling ahead or canceling your reservation.
- Or it could be a technical fault or glitch in flight due to which airlines hold onto your ticket for this correction in flight.
- Further, it might be a flight schedule change on Air India where you get rescheduled from the Air India management team for your current travel time.
In such a scenario, you will get the option to cancel your current booking and then ask for refunds against the canceled ticket from Air India. As you have gone from the above section and got information about What happens if Air India flight is Cancelled, then, for now, you must apply for the refunds from Air India or secondly, you can demand a new schedule on the other flight and get proper accommodations for that flight with previous facilities and services.
Steps to Get Refunds from Air India Over Flight
- First off, visit the official website page of the airline by using the preferred search engine of your device.
- Now you will click on the manage my booking tab.
- Next, enter the booking reference number and passenger's last name credentials.
- Further, tap over your ticket and click on to cancel option.
- Now you will have to bring up the reason for cancellation and describe it as well within appropriate characters;
- After which you again move to manage my booking section over the homepage
- After that, click on the refund tab and here enter canceled ticket reference number with passenger last name characters.
- Now you get refund amount on screen.
- Next to it, hit the refund application tab.
- Here, you enter the purchaser's name, address, zip code, city, and other mandatory details.
- After which select the trip type
- Now, click over the refund reason tab and choose an appropriate reason.
- Further, explain the reason within the box within 1000 characters.
- At last, you can attach documents for refund and then click on the submit button.
- In the end, you get a confirmation email regarding the refund rundown sheet for your reference.
However, suppose you are still not getting appropriate answers for the refund or cancellation. In that case, you should use Air India customer service number; accordingly, you will get an answer from the representative side without any further issues. You can also use live chat or email option if the phone number service is insufficient for your help.