How much does it Cost to Change your Flight to an Earlier Date?
We all know that life is unpredictable and changes are inevitable, so we must have changed our travel plans at some point in our lives. Similarly, suppose you had planned a solo trip to your favorite location, but as an urgent meeting came up now, you are thinking of changing your travel dates and wondering How much does it cost to change your flight to an earlier date? Then don't stress as most airline provides the date change service to their passengers, and to know more about it, you have to keep on reading the information that is given below-
What are the standard Date change policies of major airlines?
- Almost all airlines have a 24 hours risk-free window starting from when you purchase a flight ticket, and by using this policy, you can make changes to your scheduled dates without paying any changes charges. Also, make sure that your departure date is after one week or more days before opting for the changes,
- If you make the changes after the 24 hours risk-free period, you will be asked to pay a hefty amount as a change fee.
- In case you are checked in, and your boarding pass is generated, you won;-'t be able to proceed with any flight changes.
- Suppose you are rescheduling your flight to a different date because of severe illness or the death of a family member. After submitting the supporting documents to the live agents, you can perform the changes for free.
What is the date change fee of major airlines?
If you are wondering about the cost of changing your flight to an earlier date, then the cost can depend on significant factors, which are the time of departure, time of making changes, destination airport, etc. Some airlines provide these changes free of cost to the passengers if they are changing a domestic flight, such as Southwest, and many airlines will charge you for it. The cost of changing a flight date can come between 100 USD and to 500USD, depending on the airline's policies.
What are the processes of date changes with an airline?
You can use offline and online tools to make changes to your reservation, and if you are performing the task yourself, you can avoid paying an extra service fee.
- You have to start by going to the airline's official website and locating the manage booking tab on the home page.
- Now you have to enter your reservation details, including your booking id and last name, and hit the search button to see your reservation details.
- Now you will get your flight data, and you must select the calendar option to change your flight date.
- After choosing your preferred date, select the available flight option and choose a flight per your requirements.
- Now you will be asked to pay the applicable fee and complete the process of changing.
- You will get a newly generated flight ticket at your email id.
Through phone calls-
You can locate the phone number on the official website and dial it. You can ask the live representative to help you with the same.
Thank you for submitting review.