How much Does it Cost to Change the Date of my Flight?
Sometimes you are all set to travel, but a situation arises where you have no choice but to postpone the trip and change the flight date. The reason to reschedule the flight can be some personal emergency, like a medical condition, or you might be stuck in traffic. Airlines understand the genuine needs of the passengers to change the date of their flight and therefore set the rescheduling rules and procedures to be easy and convenient for the passengers to change the date of their flights.
Flight change costs:
If it becomes mandatory to change the date of the flight, you must be aware of How much does it cost to change the date of my flight because, according to the policies of a few airlines, rescheduling may be chargeable in some cases. The cost to change the flight can vary from $25 -$200, with the difference in fare if needed for the new booking.
Flight change policies:
Mentioned below are the specific flight change policies followed by most airlines:
- You can change the flight within 24 hours of booking without paying the flight change fee.
- If the flight date is changed after the risk-free period of 24 hours, a change fee may have to be paid.
- No change fee would be payable for rescheduling if you have purchased a full flex ticket.
- If you are a business/first-class traveler, the flight date can be changed anytime without charge.
- Rescheduling is always subject to the availability of seats on the desired flight with payment of the fare difference.
- The change of date of flight must be done before the scheduled flight's departure.
- Passengers who come under the no-show category will not get the rescheduling options for their benefit.
- The maximum time frame to reschedule or change the date of a flight differs from 24 hours to 1 hour until the scheduled flight's departure.
The process to change the date of a flight:
Online change of flight:
Usually, airlines have a precise online process to change flights. It gives immediate confirmation on the rescheduling without needing any assistance. Follow the steps to change the flight date:
- Reach the airline's official website from which the ticket has been purchased.
- Click on manage my booking or my trip appearing on the homepage
- Enter the confirmation code or booking number with the passenger's name
- The booking details will appear on the screen
- Click on change flight option from the drop-down list
- Enter your preferred time and date of the desired flight
- Pay the flight change fee and fare difference if payable
- Get confirmation on the changed date of your flight.
- You will receive an email from the airline on your email id confirming the date change.
Call to reschedule:
You can call the airline's customer service and request assistance to change the flight date. Provide all the booking details to the airline representative and the date and time for rescheduling flights.
You can also download the airline app on your mobile phone and quickly reschedule the flight after logging in to the airline account.
Therefore, for information on the cost to change the date of my flight and the procedure, please read the above points to change the flight date.
Thank you for submitting review.