How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight Latam?
Latam Airlines is known to provide a flexible flight change policy for travelers who face a change of heart. The airline allows you to change flights for free if you complete the changes within 24 hours of the booking. However, if you surpass the risk-free period, you need to pay the applicable change charges depending on your fare type.
The cost to change a flight Latam also depends on the flight’s length and route you choose. But, you need to comply with the airline's flight change terms and conditions.
General Flight Change Policy: Latam Airlines
You can find a flexible change policy at Latam Airlines if you face trouble continuing your trip on the same chosen date or destination. However, there are some conditions that you must abide by:
- The 24 hours change policy is applicable for both the fare types: refundable and non-refundable.
- So, if you make necessary changes to your trip within a day of its original booking, you can complete the process without paying a single buck.
- And if you wish to change your final destination and choose a more expensive flight option, you must pay the fare difference.
- You can also skip the Latam Airlines change cost if you have a Latam Airlines membership. You need to provide the credentials while making changes to leverage membership benefits.
- A passenger can make any essential changes before the flight’s scheduled departure; otherwise, you are exempted from any changes.
- Aso, Latam Airlines allows you to bring changes only if you booked a ticket using the airline’s official website or its customer service.
- But, if you bought the ticket from a travel agency, you need to contact them for the said changes in your Latam flight.
- You might get levied some change fee if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions imposed by the airline.
Same-Day Flight Change Policy
Depending on the fare type, destination and route, you might qualify for Latam’s same-day flight change. Check out the conditions associated with the same day change:
- If you booked a domestic flight and want to bring changes on the same day of departure, you need to complete the formalities at least an hour before the departure of your new flight.
- In the case of an international flight, Latam Airlines makes it possible for the passengers to make changes at least an hour and 40 minutes before the new flight’s departure time.
- For the same-day change, you must pay the applicable cost to change a flight Latam on the same day of its departure and the fare difference.
Not all the passengers can avail of the same day change services; you can proceed with the same day change only if:
- You are booking domestic flights with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru.
- You booked an international flight taking off from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay, and the USA.
- One basic requirement is that Latam Airlines must directly operate the flight.
Hopefully, now you know about the Latam Airlines change cost and how you can escape from paying any. So, visit the airline’s website and make the necessary changes to your current reservation. However, if you fail to complete the changes, the customer service team can help you make the changes as per your requirement.