How long are Icelandair Airlines refunds taking?
If passengers are unable to board the flight already purchased, they can cancel the journey and be eligible for a refund. There are some rules for the refund that are allotted to certain fare types. Some different fares apply to the special cases of Icelandair flight tickets. You are required to read the terms and conditions related to the refund to know how long are Icelandair refunds taking for the flight cancellation. A detailed description of this situation is given below
- If you reserve the seat with Icelandair online portal, you are eligible for a complete refund. But for this, you must have made the reservation within seven days of the departure and canceled the flight 24 hours after the purchase. You need to keep in note that this rule will not apply to group bookings of 10 passengers or more.
- In any other situation or cancellation made after 24 hours, then a refund will only issue if your fare rules of the purchased ticket will allow or the reservation with Icelandair includes any insurance. The different fare rules are applied according to the different types of tickets.
- If Icelandair canceled the flight ticket, you are eligible for the complete flight refund or reschedule the journey.
- The refund will be credited back minus the ticket charges, if any, which will calculate according to the type of flight ticket and time left for the departure.
- If you have purchased a flight ticket with travel agencies, then you need to contact them directly for a refund. Sometimes third-party or travel agency fares are not eligible. Sometimes, passengers change their flight, for which they need to incur the change fee. If there is any difference between the new flight ticket and the existing ticket, Icelandair will issue the refund depending on the rules and restrictions of the original ticket.
Manner to credit the refund for the Icelandair flight ticket:
Once you understand the terms and conditions related to the refund, you can know the Icelandair refunds take time after filling out the refund form that is mentioned below:
- If the Icelandair flight ticket is purchased through a credit card, then a refund will be issued within seven days, and a credit statement will be passed on to the passenger with a receipt of complete documentation claiming the requested refund.
- If the Icelandair flight ticket is purchased through cash, a complete refund will be issued within 20 working days with the receipt of complete documentation claiming the requested refund.
- If the Icelandair flight ticket is purchased through the points or travel credits, then points or travel credits will be refunded back to your Icelandair account.
Moreover, if you still face any issues getting a refund, you can contact the customer care team. For this, you need to dial the Icelandair customer service phone number that is available at their phone section of the contact tab. Once you follow the on-call commands, your call will be allotted immediately, and you can share your concern regarding the refund.