How do I Get Medical Preboard on Southwest?
If you are traveling with Southwest Airlines for the first and need special assistance while boarding or deboarding the flight, and if you are worried about it, will you be able to get medical pre-board on Southwest Airlines? Then the answer is yes. You can ask for preboarding for the flight as the airline believes in inclusion. So keep reading the information below to find out the airline policies and process of acquiring preboarding service.
What is the Southwest airline preboarding policy?
- Preboarding is allowed for passengers who need special assistance while seating and have special needs and if they need help boarding the flight or storing an assistive device.
- If the passenger with a disability needs extra time to board a flight, then the airline will permit the traveler to board before Family Boarding, between the "A" and "B" groups.
- The passenger who requires extra boarding time will receive a special boarding pass with spare boarding time.
- This pass will indicate to the Operations (boarding) Agent that the passenger should be permitted to board before the Family Boarding process.
- The airline allows one travel companion to preboard with a passenger with a disability.
- In most cases, the passenger will require only one family member to assist them with preboarding, and another family member will be asked to wait for their family group boarding time.
- The passenger needs to request preboarding from the airline Customer Service Agent at the ticket counter or departure gate.
- The airline's on-ground staff are trained in such a manner that they will ask fact-finding questions, and if they fund that the person needs preboarding, then they will be given a preboarding pass which can help them to board the flight early.
- Also, it would be best if you kept in mind that travelers who preboard the flight may not get an exit seat.
- Travelers who want to preboard due to specific seating needs on the flight will have to speak with the boarding Agent before the boarding process. They can arrange it accordingly.
What is the process of getting preboarding with Southwest airlines?
The airline allows its passengers with disability to preboard the flight. You can inform them during the booking process or after the booking is completed by dialing the Southwest airlines customer service phone number. Follow the below-mentioned methods to complete the process.
- Go to the official website of the airline at www.southwest.com.
- You must complete the booking process by entering all the relevant information and selecting the flight.
- When you land on the Passenger & Payment Info page, you must click the Special Assistance link.
- Now follow the prompts shown on the page and select the appropriate options.
- At last, you have to scroll down to complete your reservation by making the payment.
Passengers can also dial the Southwest airlines phone number, which is present on the official website contact us tab.
- Travelers can dial 1 (800) 435-9792 on their phone to speak with the live Agent.
- Follow the IVR commands on call.
- Press 1 for the flight booking.
- Press 2 for special assistance.
- After hitting the related key, wait a while.
- Explain your query and get the required solution.
Thank you for submitting review.