How do I claim a refund from KLM?
Suppose you had planned a trip to surprise your parents, but you had to cancel your reservation with KLM due to bad health. Now you are scared that you will lose your money and are confused about How I claim a refund from KLM? Then don't worry. Below you will get all the details regarding refund policies and the process of KLM.
What is KLM's refund policy?
The KLM has a very flexible refund policy for its passengers. Continue reading below to know more about the procedures.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the ticket purchase window, the airline will provide you with a full refund. Also, remember that your departure date should be after one week or more to claim a refund.
- You will be provided traveling points in place of the refund amount if you cancel a non-refundable ticket.
- In situations of severe illness or death of a passenger or family member, the airline will provide a full refund after you provide the supporting documents to claim a rebate from KLM.
- If your booked flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, you can go for cancellation, and the airline will provide total compensation for the inconvenience you faced.
- Cancellations made after 24 hours will get charged as per airline policies.
How to claim a refund from KLM?
You can use online and offline methods to claim a refund from KLM Airlines. You can do it by refund request form or by calling the KLM customer service Phone Number and asking them to process your refund request on your behalf. Follow the below-explained procedure.
Through Refund Request form-
- The best way to claim a refund from the airline is by doing it yourself through the refund request form. You can complete the procedure by following the below steps-
- Visit the airline's official website to locate the refund form.
- Fill out your booking code and last name to get your canceled flight details.
- Select the trip you had withdrawn, and a form will get displayed on your screen.
- Start entering your flight booking details and select the reason for cancellation.
- After entering all the details, recheck it.
- Your refund amount will get displayed on the screen if you agree with the amount and submit the form.
- Your refund amount will be credited to your original payment option within 5-7 working days.
Through phone calls-
- You can go for a phone call if you are not a technocrat and want to speak to an actual human and get assistance with the refund process. Follow the below steps-
- Dial 1 (800) 618-0104 on your phone to connect with the KLM.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Follow the IVR instructions.
- Press 3 for baggage issue
- Press 4 for a refund request
- After pressing the relevant key, wait for a while as your call connects to the agent.
- After connecting, explain your situation and provide your canceled flight details to the agent.
- After completing the process, you will get the confirmation mail at your registered email id. You will get the refund status tracking number and save it for future use.
You can visit the KLM airline's official website or contact the helpline for more information.
Thank you for submitting review.