How do I Check in for a Flight Online?
If you have a booking with any airline, you must check in before traveling with that particular airline. Check-in is one of those mandates you must go through to travel on air. Go through the given policies and procedures to make check-in easier for you.
Check-in Policy for a flight.
To check-in, you must go through specific rules and regulations. These guidelines are below:
- In general, check-in starts 24 hours before the departure time, and it stops before the hour.
- You will have to reach the airport to check in for international flights. For international flights, online check-in is not available.
- You must reach out to the airport and get the check-in done to avail of any special services from the team. You must reach at least 4 to 5 hours before the scheduled departure so that you can avail of the unique service and then get the check-in done.
- For international flights, the boarding gate closes 30 minutes before the departure time, and for domestic flights, the boarding gate shuts 20 minutes before the departure time. It would be best if you reached out well in advance so you can go through the check-in, security, and boarding of the aircraft hassle-free.
- You will have to reach the airport 30 minutes before the scheduled check-in time if you carry excess baggage so that you can get through this hassled process quickly.
- Once check-in is done, you subsequently cannot cancel the booking. If you skip boarding the flight, the ticket shall lapse or become a no-show ticket.
Check-in Process for a flight.
After going through the policies, you can then get on to the official website and then get the check-in done by following the steps as given in the procedure below. The process explained below is the check-in for a flight online.
- Thumb through the official website of the airline you have the booking with.
- Then, retrieve your booking using the booking itinerary.
- On the booking summary page, choose the check-in option from the given menu options.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to get the check-in done.
- You will then receive an email with the boarding pass attached to your registered email address.
Other ways to check-in.
Other than the online web check-in method, you can also check in through the methods given below:
- Mobile Check-in: To make the check-in through your phone, you must download the airline's mobile application and get the check-in done.
- Kiosk Check-in: Other than the methods mentioned above, you can also get the check-in done through the kiosk machines. To get the check-in done at the kiosk, you must reach the airport, avoid standing in long queues at the counter, and then get the check-in done. You can avail of airport staff's help if you need help to check in from the kiosk machines. You can get the bag tags and boarding pass printed out from the kiosk machines.
If you still need help with How do I check in for a flight online after going through the details provided above, you can contact the team and get the required service. You can also surf through the webpage of a particular airline.
Thank you for submitting review.