How Do I Add a Wheelchair on Spirit Airlines?
The requirement of a wheelchair during the travel via air may arrive any time without any prior notification, especially if someone has any disability or sudden injury. Every airline provides wheelchair assistance to its passengers, including Spirit Airlines. If any traveler has booked their flight with Spirit Airlines and needs wheelchair assistance, one can quickly make it. Travelers can add a wheelchair to Spirit Airlines as per the prescribed rules by the airline, and it is mandatory to understand them before making an add-on request for the wheelchair.
Terms and Conditions for Wheelchair Assistance
- Passengers will have to add a wheelchair to their reservations before the scheduled departure while making a reservation online.
- If any passenger has already booked their flight, they can even add a wheelchair online or by making a phone call.
- After adding it in advance, passengers let know an agent at the airport during check-in, departure gate, and upon arrival, if needed.
- Passengers can also get the pre-boarding option, and they have to inform an agent about that. One should also be available at the boarding gate before the boarding starts.
- Passengers also need to verify their identity to a Spirit representative to get wheelchair assistance as it is part of identification.
How to Add a Wheelchair on Spirit Airlines?
Adding a wheelchair on Spirit Airlines is very simple as there are different modes of adding it, whether it’s online or offline. Travelers can easily add wheelchair to Spirit Airlines after following the below steps:
- Go to the official Spirit Airlines using a browser on a phone or computer.
- Click on the My Trips section available on the main page.
- Enter the last name and booking confirmation number into the given field.
- After entering the booking details of Spirit Airlines, click on the Continue tab to find the booking.
- Now click on booking for that wheelchair required, and then click on the Edit option.
- Find the option of adding a wheelchair to reservations and then add a wheelchair.
- Pay the required fee for adding the wheelchair using the preferred payment mode, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
The above-given steps can help to add a wheelchair for Spirit Airlines in an effortless and straightforward manner. Passengers can also contact the reservations team of Spirit Airlines at 855-728-3555 after making a phone call to add a wheelchair or resolve any other related query to a wheelchair.