How Much Refund Will I Get If I Cancel My Flight Air India?
Air India always provides a flexible change policy in which you will get the maximum amount on the flight refund after cancellation. Therefore, it is important to cancel the air India flight first and fill the refund form to get the refund. You are required to check the air refund policy to proceed with the refund. All the cancellation and refund details of air India flight tickets are available below:
- To get the complete refund of your amount, you need to cancel the air India flight ticket within 24 hours of the purchase.
- After 24 hours, some amount will be deducted from the flight cost. Your refund charges will depend on the type of ticket and time left for the departure.
- Non-refundable tickets will get the travel credit you can use to purchase the flights in the future.
- If you face any health issues or the sudden demise of a family member, you can ask for a full refund from the customer service of Air India.
- Once you cancel the flight, you need to fill the online refund form and receive the refund within 7-10 working days at your original payment source.
- You must ensure that you have purchased the flights from the website of Air India and cancel the ticket at least seven days before the departure to get a maximum refund.
- The partially utilized tickets will get a refund only for a totally unutilized portion of the flight ticket with Air India.
Procedure to Apply for Air India Flight Ticket Refund:
Once you get the terms and conditions of air India refund, you can apply for the cancellation online or through the customer service team. You will get the air India ticket cancellation charges when you apply the cancellation by doing the below steps:
- To begin, you are required to open the official website of Air India at your preferred browser.
- Then, you need to tap on the manage booking option placed at the top of the screen.
- There, you need to enter the booking confirmation number and last name of the passengers.
- When you tap on the proceed tab, you will see the current details of your journey.
- You need to select the flight you need to cancel and tap on the modify flight option.
- Then, you need to choose the cancel flight option and add the reason for flight cancellation.
- With this, you will get the final page and amount for the refund after deducting the cancellation charges, if any.
- You need to review the itinerary and tap on confirm the process option. Your flight will be canceled, and get the confirmation message at your registered email id successfully.
- After that, you need to fill the refund form available on the website of Air India.
If you cannot avail of the refund, you can reach the air India customer service team. For that, you need to dial the air India customer care number available at their contact section. Once your call connects, you can discuss your issues related to refund.
- Customer Reviews
- Thanks for telling me the correct way to apply for a refund..